Thursday, March 6, 2008

Getting Dave's attention!


On that fateful Monday evening(January 21, 2003), David Higley and Marcene Langkilde happened to be attending the same singles family home evening activity. Games were the main event that evening, or so everyone else thought. But once Marcene saw that dashing young man by the door, there had to be more! So after a game of cards, Marcene got his attention by "dropping" the deck on Dave! It was a night they both will never forget. He was captivated at first sight, and her heart was taken. However, phone numbers were not exchanged and future dates were not discussed. However, later that week Marcene was set up on a mystery blind date, and guess who was her date??? Yup, you guessed it, none other than that dashing young man named Dave. Nights and weekdays were spent in the company of each other. Not wanting to waste any time, Dave unofficially proposed after their first kiss at the park. Plans were set in motion and a wedding date was set for April 17, 2003. Thus, the Higley Town Heroes came to be or was it a family?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a great picture!
~carrie

Anonymous said...

For Marcene

Where has my old friend gone
Lost in a February song
Tell her it won't be long
Till she opens her eyes.

Where is that simple day?
Before colors broke into shades
And how did I ever fade into this life?

And I never want to let you down
Forgive me if I slipped away
When all that I've known is lost but not found

Morning is waking up
And sometimes it's more than just enough
When all that you need to love
Was in front of your eyes
Was in front of your heart.

Where has my old friend gone?
Lost in a February song
Tell him it won't be long
Till he opens his eyes.

David and Marcene Higley said...

I'm assuming that's Dion who wrote that poem. How's it going? You can e-mail me, I'd like to hear from you.

dmhigley@hotmail.com

Hope to talk to you soon!